Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
XL-Data Wand User Guide
XL-Data Wands are robust and simple to care for. There are few modern devices that are as robust and asy to use and care for.
- Charge XL-Wand for approx 10 hours once a week. Led on rear of wand indicates charging.
- Carry XL-Wand always in its pouch.
- Wand is not waterproof, do not get it wet.
- Clean the probe to ensure good contact with XL-Unloader and iButtons is made.
- Do Not carry XL-Wand in a pocket. Sweat and condensation will get into the wand and cause corrosion.
If you can adhere to these conditions, the life of XL Wand will be many years.
Data Led & Beeper
The Led lights when
- Reading an iButton
- Beeper sounds when reading an iButton
- 2 Beeps indicate iButton lockout (to soon to read again) or memory full
- Emptying the wand into an XL-Unloader frees up space and sync its real time clock
- Short out probe inner-to-outer. After 1 second Led will light and beeper sound
- Touch onto an XL-Unloader to sync clock and to empty its memory
- Internal storage – 4095 records
- Indicators -Top red led. Long flash for successful iButton read. 2 flashes for lockout
- Indicator – Rear Red led – on charge.
- Charging – 2.5mm centre positive 9 volt DC. Less than 50mA
- Charge time – weekly – approx 10 hours
- Real time clock accuracy – approx 3 seconds per day at 20 degrees C
- Fully charged battery run time – approx 13 weeks
- Battery technology – NiMh (Nickel Metal Hydride). No lithium!
- Data extraction & clock sync – via XL-Memory Unloader