Reaper Software For Wand File Analysis
Both XL and Radio wands use the same raw data file format. They are text files that contain a list of attendances as well as meta-data about the wands, XL Unloaders and other status information.
An attendance record has (among many other things) a serial number of the device being logged, along with a date and time.
WebEye demands that the device serial number is associated with a center and a location. If that is done, WebEye can use the data and generate reports. It a serial is not loaded into WebEye then the data sits in the error area for inspection and rectification.
Reaper software was written for in-depth data analysis of these raw Wand data files to make Auditing a site easier and to assist in locating serial numbers (devices) that have not been coded into WebEye.
Reaper will show dates and the nearest known center and location to an unknown serial, along with the time between known and unknown. It will show the Elite-ID serial numbers (VP and PT) as well so devices can be more easily identified.
This article documents software written by Elite-ID to assist clients.
Reaper Software Summary
- Highly configurable for what it searches for (via ascii text files).
- Search for up to 1000 unknown serials in almost any number of raw data files. At the same time.
- Integrates WebEye configurations to show up to last 5 known locations for an unknown serial.
- Shows the time in seconds since a known serial (if less than 60 seconds). Ignores previous known if too long ago.
- Shows if the unloading device is an eMit or an XL-Unloader.
- Shows the type of unknown serial – be it iButton or Radio and if radio, the VP or PT numbers.
- Fast, written in Delphi for quick results. It does a lot of analysis, quickly.
- Can save results to a file for emailing etc.
- Enter a list of serials into the “FindMe.txt” file. Just 12 digit serials. It will actually search for anything at all.
- Make sure the EBU from WebEye and the EBU from Elite-IDs internal equipment tracker are both available.
- Get the raw down load files from site or request from Elite-ID.
- Run the software.
- Press “Process File” to select one or many files, hundreds if wished, and the analysis will happen.
- The Results section shows what happens as it happens. You can copy and paste from it.
Why is Reaper Valuable?
If a serial number of a device a PipTag, Pulsar or iButton is not coded into WebEye then it will not be able to be reported on.
It will fall into the “Error Import” information and sit there till it is coded and re-processed. This is good, it exposes you have a problem.
Once you configure where the serial actually is, and then re-process the error information, the data is available for reporting.
So, the big problem is to find out where the serial number actually is.
If you have many centers, it can be in any of them. Plus, all you see in WebEye is a serial number and the number of attendances for it that have not been processed (because of missing configurations). That is no real help in finding a missing serial number.
What Reaper software does is search raw data files for the un-configured serial numbers. Then it tells you which files they are in. Plus it will tell you the nearest known serials. This way you can lock it down to be able to zoom in to find where the serials are.
If you have a BIG area in a center to search, Reaper may be able to give you a nearest location.
Do I Need Reaper Software
No. Probably not. We advise against it.
If you have Elite-ID wand systems and have a lot of unknown serials, then consult with Elite-ID. We can use Reaper here to find where serials are (hopefully) thereby making Auditing your sites hugely easier.
We do this as a service to clients.
If you must have it yourself, please call!